Google...
YANDEX...

Total Online: 4

Search   

Search for at
TCC League Advanced Search

Rule change
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    TCC League Forum Index -> Saved History - Public Forums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RWCseveneyes
League Player
League Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:20 am Post subject: No icon  Reply with quote

Fire wrote:
remember Ski left Bones to form Renegades. I asked him myself if he had the logs he said no, probably dont have access to the logs any longer either. The servers were Bones servers not Ski's he was just an admin, not the clan leader.

Cool thanx. Were working on it. Would be nice to clear Hawks name once and for all
Hawk
League Player
League Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:25 am Post subject: No icon  Reply with quote

I apologize ahead of time for the rambling, run-on sentences, and errors; it's getting close to 5am and I'm in need of some sleep...

Just gonna add a little bit; that screenshot was not edited in anyway, nor was the backup archive that I made in preparation for a scheduled harddrive reformat over a year ago. The thing is though, I cannot prove that I didn't touch them since the exact moment that they were created by xfire and winrar; there are lots of quick and easy ways to edit timestamps and metadata (copying the xfire GUID and whatnot, as well).

Well, I could take my backup HD to a consultant I have worked with for about two years who also does computer forensics work for a law firm or two, and have him take the many hours to pull the MFT off the drive and examine it. However, besides being a pain to a pretty valuable job reference and probably costing me money that I don't have; that wouldn't change this situation because some people will still assume that I edited it myself. On top of that, no one is going to attempt at replicating the provided proof because it's a somewhat recent technique and therefore, pretty complicated (I'm just trying to figure out how to start with the process). And in case anyone was wondering, here are a couple recent posts about it here ( http://www.forensickb.com/2011/01/fun-and-games-with-windows-filetime-and.html  ) and ( http://computer-forensics.sans.org/blog/2010/11/02/digital-forensics-time-stamp-manipulation/  ).

So anyways, unless we get verification from a thirdparty source besides, of course, everything else I've previously posted (xfire/steam accounts, every single demo on my PC from the past 2 years, the fact that he wasn't wearing the tags of the clan that I co-founded, etc), I'll continue to be labeled as a cheater and a liar because I live and share an internet connection with a moron and also have no way of proving this because all that is needed for a ban is an IP match (per the zero-tolerance policy).

This is all very surreal to me though, never had thought that I would have to do more than take an hour or so to explain and point out the obvious that it wasn't me, but even more so as someone who has spent many hours into a working clan, team, community, and cares a lot for the people, this whole situation is a nightmare...

Peace.[/i]
TCC-Admin
League Admin
League Admin

blank.png

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:39 am Post subject: No icon  Reply with quote

The issue here is not whether or not you are a liar or cheater or the league's opinion of you. The rule for ZERO TOLERANCE was voted on by the team captains. It is our job as admins to enforce the rules, not subjectively come up with ways not to enforce them. The league's opinion of Hawk is irrelevant. We are here to enforce rules, not have opinions. There are no exceptions to this rule.

You guys are screaming into the dark. The majority of the other clans agree that this rule is fair. One player having an unfortunate circumstance is not greater than the league as a whole. The captains voted and that is that.

It really would be in your best interest to expend your energy on winning matches rather than starting thread after thread beating a dead horse.
Sponsor
MadRussian
Team Captain
Team Captain

blank.png

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:16 pm Post subject: No icon  Reply with quote

TCC-Admin wrote:

It really would be in your best interest to expend your energy on winning matches rather than starting thread after thread beating a dead horse.

Well in that case I am going to have to bring in my season 2 team. Because right now I'm playing with my B team.
Rabbit

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:29 pm Post subject: No icon  Reply with quote

i know for sure hawk dont hack, ive know him since i started gamming and hes a great cod4 player and inaccent at that all of us respect hawk becouse of his dedacation to the clan and to the tcc league. He wouldent do anything to mess that up. cod4 and the tcc league is is life thats why hes fighting for it, and i havent spoking up sooner cuz i dident know this was going on in the fourms otherwise i would be posting in here just like seveneyes, this rule needs to rethinked about and change, why do we have to punish someone for someone elses actions, ski u know hawk and u know he wouldent hack, u guys go far back and ski i have respect for you also but this is way outta control. u guys should ask bones to look into the logs for this wrongfully accused action. hawk has been playing tcc for as long as i dont know and now outta of the blue what 3 yrs later oh we have to ban u cuz u got banned for hacks thats bull, should take like 3 yrs to go oh we have to ban u cuz u have a pb hack on u from ur ip. maybe we should post how many computers we have in our house and how many computers run on the same ip and turn in all the guids that run in that household that way u guys know what guid goes where, like the hack would post hid brothers guid and not hawks maybe thats what we should do, and yes im not a capt/co-capt but this is my friend we are talking about and this is not right and ski u have know hawk for a long time by playing on your server and ski have u seen hawk on ur server ever hacking i dont think so, this needs to be changed or hold a capt meeting to go over it.

WE SHOULD RETHINK ABOUT THIS RULE AND CHANGE IT!

Last edited by Rabbit on Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:35 pm; edited 3 times in total
MadRussian
Team Captain
Team Captain

blank.png

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:30 pm Post subject: No icon  Reply with quote

Im already talking to bones, they looking into the logs and the echolon from b3. As well as I am going to contact gametracker and see if I can get a response from someone overthere.
Hawk
League Player
League Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:06 pm Post subject: No icon  Reply with quote

From what I understand, the zero-tolerance policy was intended to keep anyone that did hack/cheat online in the past out of the league. However, it does not provide an excuse to do nothing past checking IP addresses and repeatedly use straw men when someone voices criticism or provides evidence contrary to your original verdict.
RossRifle

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:13 pm Post subject: No icon  Reply with quote

Hey look, I didn't start this thread to defend Hawk, or even make his banning a topic of debate.
I started this thread to discuss the rule of zero tolerance. So please give me your input on this rule.. I personally don't see it as fair, because the circumstances that a person can be banned on are rather loose (at least, in MY opinion).
Perhaps at the next meeting TCC League could present the idea of changing such a rule, perhaps a rule such as "Only physical evidence can support a TCC ban." would be fair? I know that the rule was decided upon by TCC captains, but the season has progressed, and perhaps opinions have changed.
Also next time, TCC Admin, maybe you shouldn't say its not up for discussion!! I posted in that thread in order to get discussion! Razz We are one big league after all, aren't we? Wink
TCCLeague
League Admin
League Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

votes: 1
usa.png

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:09 pm Post subject: No icon  Reply with quote

I think what my other team member meant was it is not up for discussion or change for this season. We will finish out this season before making any changes to the current rule set.

]R[ Ski
TCC League Founder / Admin
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view TCC League Forum Index ->  Saved History - Public Forums All times are UTC - 6 Hours [DST enabled]
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: